Key Scripture; 1 Corinthians 15:33
During this time where there is so much good to do amidst everything going on, it is important that we check what is occupying us internally. It is easy to get caught up in things and forget that following God is what we are meant to be doing and why we do what we are doing. Our minds and our hearts are often in communication, and what we believe leads to how we act.
Keep your heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
Perhaps you are concerned about a few things in this season. Have you given your heart to God and asked Him how you can change it towards His words and purpose for you.
Incline my heart unto thy testimonies, and not to covetousness.
We must actively work on how we feel and think, not to please ourselves, or others, but to please the only One who saved us. When we start from contentment in God, we will know what is a distraction to our minds that wants to turn our hearts away from Him.
Here is the full scripture of Proverbs 4:20 – 27:
20. My son, attend to my words; incline your ear unto my sayings.
21. Let them not depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart.
22. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.
23. Keep your heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
24. Put away from you a deceitful mouth, and perverse lips put far from you.
25. Let your eyes look directly forward, and let your eyelids look straight before you.
26. Ponder the path of your feet, and let all your ways be established.
27. Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove your foot from evil.
Focus and pursue God and all these things you are concerned about may just change with a different heart and a different perspective. Some issues with a different heart may actually cease to be issues. Also God may point you to different issues that He has given you power to solve.
Whatever is happening, whether life is getting stressful, or seems boring, whether you are avoiding things or being challenged, remember the scripture below that talks about where our thoughts in life should be coming from.
But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
His word should frame our world. There is a cost to following God, however He alone truly rewards and your concern may become delight when your motive becomes seeking and doing His will – He is the only one who gives complete peace of mind and of heart. If you are unsure, God looks at the heart and He is primarily concerned with how you incline it to His word.
Make sure the helmet of salvation covers you and that your thoughts align to God’s word. Obeying God is life and health to all your flesh, as you give Him your heart and your mind by seeking him diligently with honest humility.
Written by Deaconess Shalom Ononuju