Jesus is God’s Son and because of who He is we can perfectly trust what He says in whatever circumstance we find ourselves. By trusting Him, we can understand God’s message and fulfill His purpose in our lives even when we don’t see it. All over the world we see chaos and men are trying to find solution elsewhere, but Jesus is the solution. He is ‘The I am and He never changes, He is the answer to it all.
When Jesus uses this phrase “I am” in the gospel of John, He affirms His pre-existence and eternal deity. Jesus says, I am the bread of life (John 6:35); I am the good shepherd (John 10:11, 14); I am the resurrection and the life (John 11:25); I am the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6); and I am the true vine (John 15:1).
1. Jesus, The Bread of Life: And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. John 6:35
Jesus is the bread of life and also He who comes to Him will never thirst.
2. Jesus The Light of The World: Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness but have the light of life.” John 8:12
Those who follows Jesus and believe in Him will not be ignorant of spiritual matters but will have the power of understanding especially of the spiritual truth that brings eternal life. When we take the time to learn and apply these truths in faith, we discover that is true. Jesus is always the answer. Are you worried or discouraged? Philippians 4:4-7 says Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. 6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Verse 19 says And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. The Lord will supply all of your needs even at this time and always because He is the great, I am.
3. The Gate/ Door: I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. John 10: 9
Salvation is found through Jesus, He is the gate to the Kingdom, and no one can enter except through Him. Not through any man or through any other name. Jesus is the only way. Let us use this time being at home, to work out our own salvation.
4. The Good Shepherd: “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.
John 10:11 Our Shepherd Jesus Christ died to save us. He cares for you.
5. The Resurrection and The Life: Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. John 11:25 Even though a believer experiences physical death, he will still have life.
6. The Way, The Truth, And the Life: Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6
There is no other way into the presence of God other than accepting Jesus. Jesus is the only way.
7. The Vine: “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. John 15:5
We cannot bear fruit automatically after we are saved. But as we yield our life to God and respond to the prompting of the Holy Spirt, we can bear much fruit. Each of these “I Am” spoken by Jesus makes us to realise that He is the one who sustains us. As we learn that through Him, we gain spiritual understanding and wisdom for living. It also means that Jesus has given us free and unlimited access to His Kingdom. Jesus the Son of God loves us and the whole world and all who believe in Him will have eternal life. I pray we continue to know who Jesus is and desire to be more and more like Him.