“Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.”
Colossians 3:2-3 KJV
-knowing who you are in Christ changes the way you live and helps you have a deeper understanding of God and his word
-Galatians 2:20 “ “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”
- As young people it’s easy to be swayed by the things of this world such as social media, friends or technology. We need to be well grounded and know who you are in Christ, so that you don’t believe the lies of this world.
-Once we are I afraid to stand up for what we believe in and once we start seeing ourselves the way Christ sees us others will start to see the light in us as well.
- Don’t look for your identity in the world and start finding i in Christ
- It’s important to develop a relationship with God. We can’t use the excuse of being too young for not knowing what is going on in the world because God can use anyone and on judgement we will be all held accountable.
- “But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord.”
- Jeremiah 1:7-8 KJV
- Practical steps
- Read the word and pray daily
- Be careful of friendship groups
- Beware of what distract you
By Deborah Riley-Poku